A teenage violin prodigy was discovered lifeless of an obvious drug overdose in her household’s London mansion on Thursday, a report mentioned.
Katya Tsukanova, 17, a number one musician within the UK, died of an obvious overdose from a cocaine and ketamine drug cocktail — simply days after performing on the Royal Opera Home within the metropolis, the Telegraph reported.
“She was such a sensible woman, and he or she made one dangerous alternative. What can we dad and mom do?” Katya’s father, Igor Tsukanova, instructed the newspaper. “The youngsters will do what they need anyway, they usually by no means inform you the reality.”
Katya, who gave her first violin efficiency on the age of 5, traveled the world taking part in music, acting at Carnegie Corridor and in Russia, Japan and Germany, in response to the Telegraph.
She was additionally awarded one of the best younger musician award on the Suoni dal Golfo Music Competition in Lerici, Italy, the newspaper reported.
Talking from the household mansion within the Kensington neighborhood of London, Igor Tsukanova instructed the Telegraph he knew his daughter and her buddies did medication.
“Typically she would have events in my home and I discovered her buddies unconscious. I needed to name the ambulance. I by no means understood why they had been like that. It wasn’t from ingesting,” he mentioned.
“However I need to clarify that I don’t blame anybody for Katya’s loss of life.”
Investigators are working to find out her actual explanation for loss of life.